Wednesday, January 5, 2011

The beginning..

"Every new beginning comes from some other beginnings end." -Semisonic

I guess those guys were on to something.

In less than two weeks I'll be starting a whole new adventure in Stellenbosch, South Africa! I really can't explain how excited I am, but I can say that I promise to keep you all updated with pictures and stories from the other side of the world. My flight to Africa leaves January 15 and I come back to the US of A on June 10, so I'll be there just short of six months. Scary? Yes. Exciting beyond all belief? You better believe it.

Here's my "must do" list so far:
1. Wine tours. This should be easy considering I'll be living smack dab in the middle of wine country. What can I say? Location, location, location.

2. Cage dive with great whites. Sorry, mom. It's happening.

3. Visit Kruger National Park. It's pretty far from where I'll be living, but it's a lot closer than where I am now, so why not? Kruger is also supposed to be the most amazing place to see wildlife up close and personal. And what's more fun than getting personal with a lion?

4. Bungee jump. It may sound random, but I promise it's not. South Africa boasts the tallest bungee jump in the world. Go big or go...bungee jumping in the US!

5. Attend as many rugby matches as possible. The reasoning here should be slightly obvious. If it isn't...


Now you know.

6. Go to market in Cape Town. There are supposed to be a ton of local farmers, sewers, and jewelry makers that set up a market every Sunday morning in Cape Town. Did I mention jewelry? Just checking..

That's all I have so far. I'm sure once I move there and get over the jet lag I'll think of about 78 more tasks to get done.

Oh yeah, and I have to go to class..

No comments:

Post a Comment