Thursday, January 13, 2011

The final days

And you thought you were a procrastinator. I have three days until my plane leaves, and thank goodness, my study permit has finally come in! Apparently me mailing it off a week ago was a bad idea because I need it to board the plane. Minor details, mom..

So now I'm sitting in a sea of clothes trying to figure out what the heck to pack. How does one plan six months in advance? I don't even know what I'm going to have for breakfast tomorrow. I considered taking enough for a week and just shopping like crazy, but what if I don't like anything there? I'll end up in headdresses and tribal printed mumus in the middle of a South African summer, that's what.



I think it'd be a good look for me.

It's also pretty weird packing for a completely different season. Apparently it was 95 in Cape Town yesterday. Praise Jesus.

In other news, I officially moved out of my house today and it was probably one of the most sad moves I've ever made. The Hula Hut has been nothing short of AMAZING these past few months, and I hope to God our landlord lets us live there again. (We'll be clean this time, I promise :)!) Aside from the house, of course I'm going to miss everyone in the states SO much, blogspot won't give me enough characters in a post to explain it.

Ski team, keep skiing. Make sure I have a lake to skip class at when I get back to the US. (Mom, you never saw that. Obviously it was a joke. I love you.) Good luck in the fourth event this semester, but don't you dare find a replacement for the DREAM TEAM.

Family, I love you all to death and will see you this summer.

Chids, Skype me every day to tell me about people tripping on campus.

And to everyone, have a wonderful few months. I won't have a phone overseas, but you can Skype me if you'd like! My Skype name is "amandajhoff" and if I know you, of course I'll add you!

Love you all,

Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment