Thursday, February 10, 2011

A Creature of Habit

I hate to admit it, but I am a creature of habit. Don't get me wrong, this in no way means I'm organized. Actually, it's quite the opposite. For example, I have developed the habit of never, ever, ever doing my laundry. By this I mean, last semester I did laundry twice. It's actually a pretty vicious cycle. Ya see, blonde girl logic (as I like to call it) tells me that if I just buy more clothes I'll never have to wash the others and will always be in style. WIN-WIN! The only problem is, eventually you have to get the job done and then it takes two weeks, $50 of laundry detergent, and a lot of yelling from my moms side of the house. Woops! Anyways, I also have a habit of going to the same restaurant every day for like, two months. Just ask Alyssa or Alex, they both got dragged to Los Cucos last semester more times than I can remember. (I can't turn down a $2 margarita, it's sinful). Now that I've been living in South Africa for a while I figured it was about time I started a routine here as well, and thankfully I found a little cafe that makes the job pretty easy.

Sam and I stumbled upon Nook one day when we were dying of hunger (not because we were hungry, but because we're overdramatic), and needed a place stat. We walked in, faked English accents (mine actually worked, hers failed within 30 seconds) and fell in LOVE. Now it's gotten to the point where the owner just nods at us when we walk in and brings us our usual pitcher of water with lemon. Check out how adorable this place is:





The best part is, it's owned by the most precious twenty-something couple in the entire world. And, if I don't gain 50 pounds from the chocolate croissants it will be a metabolic miracle.

Whatever, I think I'll go get one now...

No comments:

Post a Comment