Monday, February 21, 2011

Workin' For The Weekend

Many of my friends like to tell me I am "the most ridiculous person" they've ever met, and I always wonder what they mean..until now.

Today Sam and I went to lunch, had a few drinks, and decided it was time to be "working women." We rushed to the library, typed up a quick resume, and headed downtown to pass them out. The first place we stopped in is a really cute pizzeria and italian restaurant, Col 'Cacchio. It has a huge courtyard full of bustling tables, cobblestone floors, and cute waiters. Basically, it's the definition of precious.



Sam and I waltzed right in and asked to speak to the manager, and after a few failed attempts at conversations, we ended up with the right woman..

Me: Excuse me, I was wondering if I could drop this resume off just in case you guys would be hiring any time soon.
Manager: (takes the resume from me and literally does not look at it once) Hm. Well, when can you start?
Me: Whenever you need me to :)
Manager: Come in Friday.

That's it. No mention of a time, what to wear, anything. At this point Sam gets angry because it was her idea to go on a job search anyways, so she buts in to the conversation..

Sam: Well, I was wanting to drop off my resume too, but I forgot it at home.
Manager: Oh, okay. You can come in on Friday, too.

And just like that, we have jobs. Getting a job is a piece of cake! Or pizza...depending on where you work.

No comments:

Post a Comment