Tuesday, March 8, 2011

GOLDFISH

Sunday our program hosted a trip to go see Goldfish, an awesome South African-based band, play at Kirstenbosch in Cape Town. Kirstenbosch is quite possibly the most beautiful place on the planet. When we showed up I half expected to be eaten by a T-Rex because it looks like scenes straight out of Jurassic Park (which is in no way in a bad thing, because if you know me at all you know I was sickly obsessed with dinosaurs until the age of about..yesterday).

No, the copyright symbol isn't imprinted on the mountain, I just really like this picture.

We started the day with the best brunch known to man-kind. We also taught a few South Africans the art of mimosas, because apparently they don't drink them here? And they led me to believe this country was perfect..pshhh..

Emily and I enjoying brunch!

Love you Sami-Sam-Sam

Sami and Lo at the cafe

After brunch we headed back to our dorm to hop on the bus to Kirstenbosch!

I was prepared to make an offer for all of these posters. I'm in LOVE!

Hanging out on the lawn before Goldfish went on

Precious girls


We ran into Charlie and Kyle outside the concert!

Somehow even though we were practically the last people in, there was the perfect sized plot of grass right by the stage with our name all over it! And the location proved to be more than awesome because Sami got into a really entertaining ugly face contest with the kid in the bottom of the picture. He was hilarious!

The crowd was massive

The MC came out before the show started and asked everyone to text a number to vote for Kirstenbosch to become a part of one of the new 7 Wonders lists. We all texted in and I really hope it wins, that would be awesome to have participated in.

Goldfish finally took the stage!

It was such a great show, I'm dying to see them again!


No comments:

Post a Comment