Thursday, March 3, 2011

How Could I?!

I forgot to add the most exciting news of all: Wyatt gets here next Saturday!

*insert girly freak out here*

I'm so pumped! I went all "Wedding Planner" (minus the wedding, obviously) and made an entire schedule for the week. Because I have nothing better to do besides go to work, do my laundry, study, ya know, responsible stuff, I'll let you know what it is! But I can't tell you too much because I'm counting on this week to give me a ton of posting material.

Saturday
Wyatt gets here! We're going to a winery called Spier (http://www.spier.co.za/) where they have awesome wine tastings and tours and, the best part is, you can do a cheetah encounter! Umm..cheetahs are only Wyatt's favorite animal (I'm making that up to sound like the perfect girlfriend, so sue me) so I think that gets me a gold star or a Tiffany's necklace or something. I think we all know which one I'd prefer.

Sunday
We're getting up super early and hiking all the way up Table Mountain in Cape Town. Table Mountain is probably one of the most famous landmarks when you think of South Africa, and with good reason:


Once we get to the top we're going to abseil down! SO PUMPED! If you don't already know, abseiling is basically the same thing as repelling. A couple of my guy friends did it last weekend and said there is a "life changing" event about half way down, so I'll have to let you know what it is!

Monday
We're waking up early again (I bet this doesn't happen once, just for the record) and driving 6 hours to the world's tallest bungee jump, Bloukrans River Bridge. This was Wyatt's number one thing he wanted to do here, so let's hope he doesn't wuss out.

Here's a pretty awesome collection of pictures I found online of the bridge itself and people doing the jump. Umm..yikes.

Tuesday
After a ridiculous day of bungee jumping, we're going to hang out on the beach and surf all day. By "surf" I mean "get thrashed around in the water by gigantic waves and completely give away the fact that we're American."

Wednesday
This is what I'm most excited for..shark cage diving!!! If you've been reading my posts from the beginning you know that cage diving was one of my "must do's" for this trip so I'm really far beyond excited! I'm going to make a point to get an underwater camera so I can take awesome pictures to show all of you guys!

Thursday
Another lazy beach bum day. You can't really ever have too many!

Friday
Wyatt's plane leaves, he misses the flight on "accident" and stays in South Africa!

Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment